Labels

Sunday, June 10, 2012

Fishing Lake Carl Blackwell and Lake McMurty

I hated Lake Carl Blackwell!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!I had to pay 5 dollars to get in and I was so disappointed wasted my time and my money.  the only shore line access is to the swimming beaches and where people are camping! The rest of the shorelines are only accessible through private clubs! We had to fish at the marina like babies! That didn't even last 20 minutes we left. Now we don't have a boat so if you have a boat the fishing opportunities change, as you can access the water, however I wonder if they have areas of the lake marked off for these private members only clubs. There is another lake nearby so we went there instead.

Lake McMurty was under 10 miles north and east. I set my GPS and we went. I think there is much better fishing the shoreline opportunities there without a camp sight. There is shore line swimming as well. I like the fact they ban drinking but this lake it's always nice to not have to deal with drunks at the lake but this lake also has some drawbacks. First it is $6.00 to get in. Then when we got there we discovered we also needed a fishing license from the city of Stillwater. The gun range nearby was load and after a while was bothersome. I liked Lake McMurty but I am not willing to travel that far to pay that much extra money for a days worth of fishing. I would rather park my butt at the river closer to home and free! Sorry Stillwater I will never ever ever go to Lake Carl Blackwell again..... and Lake McMurty I would go to again if I am in the mood to be Fee'ed to death!!

No comments:

Post a Comment