Saturday, June 20, 2015
I found these sweet ground peas today on my property between the strawberries I planted and our compost area. I picked a bowl full. I washed them and left them in a bowl and we have been eating them raw. They are super sweet! I may end up boiling them with sea salt them shelling them as we eat them.
Wednesday, December 31, 2014
Our princess was born 3 days after Christmas so it's perfect for the combo gift. We started with the dresser.. We will end with a jewelry vanity!!! We lucked out the same place we got the dresser for free we were able to get the vanity and stool too! Here are the before pics my mother sent me of the find!
Right away we new several things needed fixed first and foremost the height. The stool was way too tall for a three year old so we cut it down removing the bottom runs.
Second thing that was a must fix the two rear legs were broken and needing to be fixed. We used liquid nails wood glue and one leg was so bad we used two wood screws. This process took two days! We also wanted a new drawer pull so we had to fill in the holes from the original drawer pull because our dresser matching drawer pull only needs one hole!
Third was the awful green and stained felt. We used a tiny travel size spray bottle filled with black Rit dye and sprayed the green out of existence!
Now to make the rest look amazing. We wanted the two pieces to match the dresser so using the same paint was a must! Disney lipstick and mouse ears in Glidden satin! To tie in the zebra stripe we decided we should pad and cover the stool. Painting took several days because we had a lot more detail work on this project. Here is a we took before the the pirch was complete. We ran out of some of the fabric and town is so far away it will take a few more days to he finished. The paint job was harder than the dresser the pinstripe was murder!
Finally the project was finished and we delivered it to the princess and all is good she is so happy!
Sunday, December 14, 2014
For a three year old gbaby!
Here is where we started! It's a cabinet with drawers left in my uncles rent house. It was left because the two bottom drawers were busted, their were missing knobs, shelfs, a cabinet door that split down the middle and was poorly repaired and it was wobbly .
Then we cut the bottom off permanently. The bottom drawers made the cabinet too tall and were needing to be fixed or removed. Luckly the back board on the cabnet behind the drawers we cut off was the perfect size to become the back for the cabnet part we are keeping! Next, the cabinet doors and the inside drawer were temporarily removed for sanding and painting.
Tme to paint day 1! We started with the pink trim.... We used a Disney paint color in Glidden satin finish Lipstick ( hot pink) and Mouse Ears (black). It took 4 coats to cover up the nots in the wood with the pink paint! We had to wait 24 hours before we could use yellow frog tape to paint the black part of the cabnet.
After 24 hours we started taping and painting black. In another 24 hours we started contact papering the inside which was much harder than I thought it would be!
I got home from work and it was done!! The clothing bar was put in the back put on and the cabnet doors on. Done, now to fill it up with all the dress up goodies we have been collecting!