Labels

Monday, July 16, 2012

Chapter 5

Thank you for letting me be a part of the blog hop, I am really loving it. I hope you are gaining something from my posts.  I know I am from yall! This week blog hopping lead bunnies are:

DillyDabbles



Previously I posted using a door bell to signal time's up! Well, I found one. Check this out, 8 different rings, seasonal and one traditional wireless, and battery opperated. all for $16 at Lowe's! Can't wait to use it!


Chapter 5
The difficult skills

I had so much trouble teaching this to my students in ELL kindergarten. I decided to group my children myself and to teach only I read you read. NOW that I am looking at a 3rd grade classroom I do not see any reason that my older students should be able to master all these skills. I know it will take time and practice of these skills over the first month, but I think mastering this skill will be super beneficial to my students. I can’t wait to get started! Although I think It will likely take more time over every skill day mastering all of these important tasks in 6 days it a lot to ask of an adult.. Anyway I really like teaching children these skills. I hope they use them at home with parents and siblings as well, oh~~in a perfect world!!

I have decided to go back and write my lesson plans for D5 to be more of a third grade lesson plan, for my new class. I started with this chapter because I think it is the most important chapter. I will go back and get the previous chapter in a few days.  I want to anchor the rest of my lessons based on how I get the ones from this chapter together. I am a by the book kind of girl, but here is where the sisters and I differ:

Choosing a partner:

 While writing the lesson plan for lesson day 5 how to choose a partner I am surprised as I read the sisters signaling description, (I guess I forgot over the last two years). I wished that more teachers would use real sign language to convey meaning without noise. After all if we are going to teach children to use signals shouldn’t we teach them ones with greater meaning and usefulness? I thought I would share a few essential signs for this particular lesson that are easy to use





Q:Now that I am in third grade, someone please share with me how they keep track of where each child is on a chapter book on CD? How do you handle the changing of CDs? It would be great assistance to me if you would share!
Happy Hopping

No comments:

Post a Comment