Labels

Sunday, May 27, 2012

Grandma's Flowers and the flower rescue

My Grandmother's house has been lived in my my Aunt who did not want her flowers. So I dug them all up and found them a home on my property. I have many different types of plants but the Iris flowers are my favorite story. You see my Grandmother did the very same thing, she saved her Dad's Iris flowers the very same way, I have saved the same family of flowers! These Irises once belonged to my Great Grandfather.  This project deserved a special place! There where so many flowers I did end up planting many of the irises around several trees on my property as well.

I found an outcropping of rock that I knew was pretty large.


I excavated the rock and dug out the lower side for the bed.


Laid down retaining wall fit into the natural landscape...


After adding landscape material at the bottom I added a mixture of top soil and garden soil..


I added flowers in the cracks of the rock...


Then I added Grandma's Flowers!


Here are some other flowers I also saved over spring break...

No comments:

Post a Comment