Labels

Monday, January 16, 2012

My New Coupon Box

I changed from a coupon binder to a box!

So I changed, and it is good! The binder was great for a while. I sorted coupons by the likely isle in the grocery store that the item would be on and then tried to keep them in alphabetical order. I had to fold them and divide them between front and back window. It was so time consuming.

Then came a couponing friend and her box she started. I loved it. I actually went to Wal-Mart and bought the exact box she had. Not pictured is a snap latch lid with a handle at the top. From the pictures you can really see how easy it is. Clipping and organizing coupons has never been so easy. I do not have to think what section would this item be in, I no longer have to fold most coupons and carefully make sure the right information is in the front or back windows.  No more trying to keep a section in my binder alphabetical try moving 50 coupons just to fit one in, I rarely alphabetized and it made it difficult when shopping.
What I did. First I decided to keep it cute! I purchased some letter and flower stickers from Dollar Tree and personalized my one plain box.  I bought several things. Envelopes three boxes $0.97 a package. I bought two packages of peel and stick tabs for $1.98 a box, also purchased index cards multicolor pack 3.5's although I would get the larger if I had to do it all over again. I put the tabs on my colored index cards. My label tabs are A-Z a number section one tab in numerical order for companies such as 3M, and 4-way. I also added a restaurant tab and I keep restaurants in alphabetical order within that one tab.
For each brand name I make an envelope to keep them in. I fold the flap backwards and write the name on the flap I put it behind the correct letter and put it in alphabetical order within the envelopes behind the same tab.  
I keep a little envelope box in the back of the coupons to hold extra envelopes my marker, scissors and index cards and tabs.  There is also room beside the envelopes I use when shopping to hold the envelopes I am going to use or shopping lists. 
Shopping has been so easy! I can get to coupons quickly. If there is something in the store I want well, I look it up quickly and see if I can make a great deal.
At Wal-mart I went down the clearance isle and there were several medications marked down I decided to try to make some matches. I matched Alka Seltzer cold and flu making them $1 a box, and Musinex also $1 a box. Great items to keep in stock in the winter. The box has worked so well, I know I will never go back!


No comments:

Post a Comment