Right away we new several things needed fixed first and foremost the height. The stool was way too tall for a three year old so we cut it down removing the bottom runs.
Second thing that was a must fix the two rear legs were broken and needing to be fixed. We used liquid nails wood glue and one leg was so bad we used two wood screws. This process took two days! We also wanted a new drawer pull so we had to fill in the holes from the original drawer pull because our dresser matching drawer pull only needs one hole!
Third was the awful green and stained felt. We used a tiny travel size spray bottle filled with black Rit dye and sprayed the green out of existence!
Now to make the rest look amazing. We wanted the two pieces to match the dresser so using the same paint was a must! Disney lipstick and mouse ears in Glidden satin! To tie in the zebra stripe we decided we should pad and cover the stool. Painting took several days because we had a lot more detail work on this project. Here is a we took before the the pirch was complete. We ran out of some of the fabric and town is so far away it will take a few more days to he finished. The paint job was harder than the dresser the pinstripe was murder!
Finally the project was finished and we delivered it to the princess and all is good she is so happy!